I'm a MASSIVE Foundation Junkie. It's my number one aim in life to find the perfect foundation. Being a VERY pale lady the search is difficult and there have been many an-orange disaster along the way!
I probably end up spending the most money on Foundations as I believe that your base is really important.
I think my favorite foundation at the moment is Estee Lauder Double-Wear (the only problem is that it does tend to oxidize and also I find that it is ever so slightly too dark for my skin tone.
However, there's always going to be foundations which have elements that I REALLY like and elements which make me want to rip my face off (okay, maybe I went too far with the face removing)
1) The Revlon Colourstay Concealer. I'm a huge fan of the Revlon Foundations (Nearly Naked and Colourstay are fantastic foundations, and the Colourstay Foundation is a great alternative to the Estee Lauder Doublewear) So when I saw the Revlon Colourstay Concealer, I was quite excited to give it a try and hope that it would offer amazing coverage, however on my combination/oily skin, it just didn't last. The coverage was pretty rubbish tbh. The colour is lovely and light, but it just doesn't have the staying power (I'll stick with my Collection Concealer)
2) Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation in 120. The colour matches my skin-tone ridiculously well. II don't think I've ever known a foundation quite as pale as this. However it's just TOO lightweight for my coverage needs. It looks lovely on and then by lunchtime it's half way down my face. It's so disappointing. However I would love to try the Rich Liquid counterpart to see whether this has longer lasting coverage.
3) Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation. It's a shame, but this just isn't the right formula for my skin. I've used it once and it feels lovely, it left my skin feeling like I'd been wearing a moisture mask. It's absolutely perfect for anyone with dry skin. But unfortunately my oily skin didn't agree with the foundation.
4) Maybelline Fit Me Anti Shine Stick. This is a stick of concealer with powder in the middle (sounds clever right?!) Well, it left me with a big white and orange streak across my four-head and when blended it really highlighted my pores. Considering this is for oily and shiny skin, it doesn't seem to reduce oil in any way. It's such a shame that this didn't work ) :
5) Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation in Fair. The fact that they've called this foundation lasting performance is kinda crazy. It really highlighted my pores and just melted off my face. It's certainly not for me, even if it is a pale foundation on the high-street.
As you can probably tell, the main reason why these concealers and foundations didn't work for me is my oily/combination skin. Ah silly skin!!! I'm sure eventually I'l find the perfect foundation for me, but until then, I'm sure I'll enjoy the search!
Keep Up With Me and My Blog